This short self-paced course seeks to create awareness for the use of dialogue as a tool to overcome problems, transform conflicts and empower social change. This course is designed to assist public figures, organizers and promoters of public dialogue such as: political and social leaders and decision makers, media professionals, students, UN staff and international counterparts in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Introduction to the Virtual School System, the course and its context:
The utility of Democratic Dialogue
Democracy through time
|Unit 3||Characteristics of the processes of Democratic Dialogue|
Democratic Dialogue Practice
|Unit 5||Summary of Course and Complementary Material|
Forms of Payment
For residents in Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile, there is the option to pay in local currency. For those in other countries we recommend that payments are made in groups of minimum 10 participants. The reason is because international money transfers can cost between 25 and 50 USD additional to the cost of the course.
Instructions to inscribe in the course
- To ´become a friend of the Virtual School´ you will need to fill in the registration form in the following link: http://www.escuelapnud.org/en/component/users/?view=registration
- You will receive an e-mail notifying that you have been registered in the Virtual School with your username and password.
- Once you have become a friend, return to our website the top left of the screen you will find the option to login, once logged in, click "Course enrollments".
- Now you will find inscription formula, with three simple options. Please proceed to fill in each of the boxes. To select a course, click on the title of the course that you are interested in. Remember the fields/boxes that are marked with a (*) are obligatory. Once completed, click submit.
- The system will show a message that says: You are inscribed correctly to the course: Democratic Dialogue. The message confirms that the process of inscription is completed.